Saturday, February 23, 2008

8 months.

I really hate it when people say "You'll get over it" or "Oh, you haven't gotten over that yet?" I want to scream. "NO. I WILL NEVER GET OVER IT!"
It's just such a random thing. How often does ANYONE get a call from their uncle in Romania saying their Aunt has been killed by a bear on a mountain? Honestly. I think it's probably a first. Think about it - if someone in your family died. And that person was literally your best friend would you get over it? I don't think so. And I would hope not.
It's just like 'No, I will never forgive bears' I know she would want me to forgive them - because it was 'just doing what bears do' - but I never will. Why couldn't the bear do what it does away from my aunt?! Think about that. Why couldn't the bear pick on someone it's own size?
It's been too long without her. I haven't heard her voice in atleast 8 months. The last time I heard her voice, was when she called Great Grandma. Her phone is so loud, that we could hear Katie. But that's it. She did call us, but we missed it. And our stupid selves deleted the message she left. I haven't seen her in 11 months. It's been almost a year without seeing my aunt, my bestfriend. It's been 9 or 10 months without one of her "lectures" as she called it. It's been 11 LONG months without her hugs. Oh those hugs. They were the best. They made you feel loved, even in the saddest times. Infact- 8 months ago at this time right now, she was still alive! It's only 11:32. John called us at 3:36 exactly, and said it happened about an hour ago. So around 2:30. So 8 months ago, I still had my aunt. She was still breathing.
I'm just not the same. My laugh isn't the same. It doesnt sound as happy. Sometimes I can get so sad, that nothing is funny. My smile isn't the same. It's not as full as it used to be 8 months ago. It's almost like a half smile or something. I miss being able to be happy all through my body. It's like only part of my body will be happy. But I will feel sad in a different part. It really just suckss.

4 comments:

John W. Evans said...

Hey Kayla,

I agree with you--Katie's being killed by a bear is awful, doesn't make any sense, and sure doesn't seem fair. There is nothing to get over. I do believe that we are all learning how to live with Katie's death, even if we don't like it or understand it. Hang in there, Kayla--there's a lot of good in this world, even alongside all of the awful.

Love,
John

Anonymous said...

I know there has to be good somewhere. Why can't I find it.?

Anonymous said...

Hi Kayla,
There is more good in the world that we ever know.....look at a smile..look at the flowers pushing through in springtime....look at your face in the mirror.

Did you know that someone actually wrote a book about bad things happening to good people?!

We live each day....we miss Katie...people are uncomfortable with death and try to say things to encourage us....they make mistakes..try to remember the kindness in their care for you...we all grieve as we need to....we never forget someone we love.

Hang in there....
Love, Linda
p.s. I am so looking forward to a walk on the beach with you.

Judy said...

Oh Kayla,
I so love you! That's all the words I can think of - at least all the words that don't sound dumb right now.

Hey, You inspired me! I got brave a put another post on my blog.
See what you think.

Grandma