Friday, February 29, 2008

School.

This week was pretty interesting in school.
Monday-
I thought was going to be a normal day. And it was... until Science. We were talking about how salty our body is. And why dogs like to lick us. Then my teacher brings up why bears don't eat us. Apparently bears don't like salt? So she talks about why bears just maul us to death, then leave us, and why they don't rip the meat off of our bones. Uhm. Yeah. I was balling. And my class was the only class that she talked about bears in... and no, I'm not the first class. So there were classes before me, but she didn't talk about bears. Coincidence? So she pretty much ruined my day. I cryed the rest of the day.
Tuesday-
I couldn't stop thinking of what my teacher said. I had the terrifying picture in my head all day. It was too hard for me to concentrate. Then I had my conferences after school. And with the teacher that talked about the bears. But my mom didn't bring it up.
Wednesday-
Pretty much a normal day. I drew a beautiful picture of a sunset.
Thursday-
We started the book "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton in english. And as we were half way through the first chapter, a terrible line pops up. "I would no sooner tease a full grown grizzly than tease my brother" And my day went down the toilet. So Thursday night at counseling we talked about it. She said that she thought it was a sign from Katie. It was to get me back to the counselor, because I'm not through swallowing her death yet, and that I needed to go back for more help. That's what she said. I think she is right. I can't. I still will think "Aunt Katies Dead. Shes never coming back. I won't see her again. No way!" It sucks.

Now thanks to all these things about bears, my emotions are back up. I've been sad this whole week. I had a sleepover planned with my friend, and I cancelled because I didn't feel straight. I even finally had a sleepover with Grace planned, and I canceled because I wasn't right. Something was wrong. I didn't feel good.

Weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kayla,

Did you read John's blog - "Go Cubs Go" - especially from paragraph 4 onward?

I agree with him that bears permeate our culture...at some point we will make peace with this.

I think you should speak to your teacher about the bear issue....he/she may not have been insensitive to you intentionally. I think you should politely and calmly discuss your feelings.

Meanwhile, hang in there...some days are diamonds, somedays are gold...
Love, Linda

John W. Evans said...

Hey Kayla,

I agree with what Mom says here--you should talk to your teacher and explain your reaction to his/her example. The teacher surely didn't mean to hurt your feelings, and would probably appreciate knowing that his/her words were perceived as insensitive. That way, moving forward, everyone is kind of on the same page. And, politely and calmly expressing hurt feelings is a good skill to practice in life!

See you soon,

Love,
John