Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ready for High School?

I got my high school courses sheet yesterday :) It's pretty exciting actually. It's over-whelming, but it finally seems like its here! Its reality. I'm going to be in high school next year. No denying it. But when you finally get all the sheets, it feels real. You learn about the credits. For my high school, you need atleast 26 credits to graduate. And to graduate with your Honors Diploma, 16 of those 26 credits must be honors classes. I'm proud to say I'm going for it :D Already, my freshman year I'm taking 4 honors classes. I'm debating whether to take 5. Right now I'm at Geometry, Biology and Literature & Comp. Honors, oh and I'm taking Choir Honors xD I'm debating whether to take U.S. History honors. I don't think I will though. I already have enough trouble paying attention and liking that class. Then I'm going to take French 101, or maybe Italian, not sure.... But I think French ;) Then my senior year I get to go to Paris! And I may possibly take summer gym. :O How weird. But then you don't have it during the school year, you don't get all hot and sweaty. And then during the year, when you would have had gym, you can take an extra elective to get 8.5 credits! P.E. is half a credit. And an elective such as Communications or something is half a credit. I think I'm going to take that too. It sounds cool. It deals with photography, video cameras, and computers for designing things. I'm excited. I'm glad that most of my classes with be only freshman, except Choir Honors and my elective that I choose. So that's a plus. I'm not ready to be around all those older people. 
It kind of sucks. You go from the oldest, the highest, to the youngest, and most scared. Look at all the 8th graders picking on little 6th graders. Imagine SENIORS!!!
But luckily I'll know a few juniors. So that could help a little, or maybe alot?!


That's about it. This week seems to be going very slow... Blah  Post more later.


Oh! And Zach got his braces off :) I still haven't seen them though. He just got them off today.
Wednesday: I saw them! They are pretty :) His teeth are perfect. Now mine look bad lol

1 comment:

John W. Evans said...

The honors program sounds awesome! You should insist that they teach you Bengali, instead of French :)

Enjoy these last few months of middle school--should be pretty good ones, right?

Love,
John