Sunday, December 30, 2007

Well. (it's officially 2008)

It's almost beginning a whole new year. Am I ready for that.... NO! But I'm not going to to into all of that. Instead, today I feel like writing about all the happy times I had with Katie.
I remember last Christmas making toffee with her. It was her own recipe. And it wasn't made from alot. I think it had butter, chocolate chips, almonds, salt(?), maybe 1 or more things. But that's it. Yet it tasted soo good!
Then after it was done, we all sat down and listened to John read us "The Very Persistent Gappers of Frip." I can remember Chloe almost screaming at me to come to the back room because she was soo bored. Now everytime we get together, we read that book. I always fall asleep within 2 pages of starting it though. Haha.
This Christmas I felt unusual. I kind of felt lonely. Hmm.... is that how I should explain it? I'm not sure if that is the right term. But I did feel something along that. Then the death of Grandma Shaffer wrapped up my Christmas Day. Agh.
Now, it is 2008. Erg. I'm really missing 2007. My New Year's Revolution: To be happy.
Hmmm.... thats a toughy. Erg. This is a "stinky" year so far. So far, I hate 2008. Who knows what will happen though this year... so many possibilities.
I wish it was just beginning 2000. Then I would change so much. I wouldn't let Aunt Katie climb the mountian. I would have Uncle Richard live with us. I would just be beginning kindergarten. When everyone was happy. :] I miss those days.
It's 2008. hmm....

2 comments:

John W. Evans said...

Hey Kayla,

I like that you call it a New Year's Revolution, instead of a resolution--it reinforces how you want to make some big changes this year, even as you look back. It made me think of this quote (I don't know who said it first):

"Nothing we do can change the past. Everything we do changes the future."

Love,
John

Kayla said...

I really like that quote. :]