Monday, September 7, 2009

1st Week Down.

I officially feel like a high schooler. My first week is done. Only, ohhh, who knows how many. The first 2 days were good. Thursday wass alright until about 2:30. We ran the mile in gym, and afterwards, Mike went to sit down, and when he tried to stand back up, he couldn't put any weight on it. So I spent the after noon with Mike and his family in the ER waiting x-ray results. Turns out within the last 2 years, he's chipped off a piece of his ankle, and it's missing, and the trauma of running pulled its limits. Now he's on crutches and in a cast for 3 weeks, and if it doesn't heal, he needs surgery. Surgery means noooo homecoming dance for Mike, or Kayla. Lets pray it doesn't happen.
Anyways, Friday I was sent home by the nurse with a fever. I'm still sick. It really sucks.
Well, I think I've gotten used to high school, or mostly at least. I still get lost, but whatever :) Haha. What I REALLY like about high school, theres not really cliques. I mean, everyone still has their friends, and people who we'd rather not talk to, but mainly, everyone's "cool" if you please. Everyone's nice. Seniors actually talk to freshman without being snotty or anything. You'll always have those few kids who just refuse to, I don't know how to put it, refuse to.... um, Here. They think they are too cool for anyone. There we go. They think they are better than everone, you know. But whatever, let them think that, their loss(: Hmm.

Choir is funn. I lovee the teacher. Mr. Mann, haha. I've known him because Mrs. Smith always had him in practicing with us in 8th grade. I miss her, but Mr. Mann knows how to make it fun. French is alright. The teachers nice. Madame Hessenthaler. But theres only 2 Mahone kids, me and Peter. I think Geometry will be fun this semester. The teacher is realllyyy easy going, and the kids make it fun. Gym, eh, atleast its the end of the day. Then History is on B days instead of choir. My teacher looks like Santa :) Haha, he's cool though. Extremlyy nice, and funny. All in all, I think my teachers are great. They really are here to help kids, and not just to teach, you can tell they like their job, which is a goooood thing.

I'm apparently joining 2 clubs, DECA, and Key Club. Key club is kind of a leadership thing I think? And I honestly have NOO idea what DECA is. Haha. But my mom arranged it for me, without my consult. She set it up with Nick and Mike's moms, hah, so whatever, I'll go with it, see how it goes.

That's about it for noww.

3 comments:

Emma said...

What did I tell you about cliques?

And I haven't even *been* to high school.

John W. Evans said...

Dastardly Economic Cookie Animals?

Kayla said...

No, haha, I'm not quite sure what is stands for.... Mom's making me do it, ask her! Hahaha.