Saturday, April 12, 2008

Awe.

I never realized how sweet Hannah is. So Thursday night, grandpa came up to hang out with me and Hannah while my mom went to school. My dad is taking some 'motorcycle' licensing class. So he's not home Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday for that.
But when he got here, we first went to Chili's. Then we came home and watched Lion King.
Then the cute part comes. Hannah goes upstairs and grandpa starts reading some books to her. During the whole night, it's thundering and lightning outside. Once in a while some big BOOMS go by and shake the house. And I guess one time when a big one came, Hannah tells Grandpa
"That's Katie and Richard bowling... but I don't remember Richard." When I heard that I starting bawling like a baby. I have no idea where she got that. That's what I have always thought, but I keep that stuff to myself. So you wonder...
That is so cute. Katie and Richard are bowling. Apparently she misses her more than we think. I guess that since she's go young, we don't really think about her. I guess that she's kind of pushed aside for those who we actually think about... and that made me sad. Hannah is sitting here watching us all cry, and she's crying on the inside. She's too scared for us to cry though. You can see in her eyes when we cry that she is worried about us. I feel really bad.
When I learned what she said, I pulled her over and asked her
"Hannah, did you tell Grandpa that Katie and Richard were bowling?" and she says
"Yeahh." and laughes. I said
"It's ok. That's really sweet Hannah." and give her a HUGE hug.
That really tells alot about her... and us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That's so sweet.

Anonymous said...

I know!!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

What a joyful picture Hannah has painted! She knows how much Richard meant to the whole family; she knows how much Katie meant to her as well and has joined them for comfort - not just for her, but for all of us. Isn't that wonderful to think?
Linda