Sunday, April 6, 2008

Wackyy.

This past week was crazyy. It was another week with 'signs'...
Monday-
Our first day backk. Nobody really wanted to be there. In French I got a worksheet with bears on it. I crossed out the heads. : She knows... and I'm not afraid to make a fool of myself when it comes to that stuff.
Tuesday-
We were studying for a test on "The Outsiders". I wasn't nervous about it, considering I read it twice and saw the movie like 252365234632431 times. :D But when we were studying, we played a game. And we had groups, and if we didn't choose a group name in lilke 5 seconds, the teacher picked one for us. Of course, we didn't find a name in 5 seconds... and she named us the "Bears". Wow. I asked her "Can I not be a bear? Can I either switch groups or re-name us" and she literally said "Uh... no" Like snotty. I'm not kidding. So what was I supposed to do then? I NEVER want to be called a bear. Imagine that... being called a bear. I looked at my friend, and shook her head like "that's stupid" (about the teacher...) Then I just sank down low in my seat and sat there doodling.
Wednesday-
Wass a normal day. I think I 'aced' the test. :D
Thursday-
Normal too. Nothing new... nothing out of the ordinary. No tests.
Friday-
was the last day of 3rd quarter. Gosh it's about time. It seemed like it took forever. >_<

Now it's officially 4th quarter... 1/4 away from an 8th grader. 1 year and 1/4 away from a highschool. When you put it that way... it's kind of scary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

some teachers are horrible when it comes to that sort of stuff.

Anonymous said...

yeahh. and shes the one who said
"if you need ANYTHING... tell me"
it's like "i need you to re-name us"

John W. Evans said...

You ought to sit down with your teachers and tell them about your concerns. Share your feelings. Honestly, I think it's a good idea at this point. If they are not sensitive to your situation, I think it's fine to tell them, "Look, with all due respect, I feel that it's unfair how this keeps coming up" and see what they say. They probably don't realize how hurtful their actions seem to you. You could also sit down with your Mom and write each of them an email. Maybe you have to say it several times, and/or write several emails, but it's good to confront this sort of thing head-on, in a way that you are comfortable with.

Love,
John