Friday, November 14, 2008

Miss you Zaney! R.I.P

Hm, this past week wasn't the best. It was probably the worst week of school so far. I haven't felt good all week. My tonsels are swollen and pink. My tummy hurt last friday through wednesday. Today, Mr. Plowe's praying mantis died. It was so depressing. Mr. Plowe was sad! We had a funeral for her. Her name was Zaney. We picked her up on our last field trip, about 2 months ago. Since then she had 2 egg sacks and became extremely attached to Mr. Plowe, as he did to her. It was adorable. Every morning he took her on a walk around the school on his hand. I held her. Lots of kids held her. She was a great class pet. This morning, Mr. Plowe picked her up, she looked at him, tucked her arms in and bowed her head, then died. Now, she is in a coffin in a grave that we dug for her in the school yard. She has a tombstone. Saying "More than a mantis to me" How adorable! Then we started singing (in a sad tone) "Na na na na, na na na na, HEY HEY HEY good-bye" I swear we were all tearing up. Who knew how much a bug could mean to you? Ah. So we all gave him a big group hug. Then today we had a pep rally. I must say, that didn't make me feel any better. We have a scream off. Of course, 8th grade won because 6th grade doesn't know what to do at the first rally, and 8th grade voices just over power 7th grade. So that made my headache worse. My head was pounding by the end. But I got over it... 

Hm.

5 comments:

Ali said...

That is so sad!!! Awe. I'm so sad now. I HATE pep rallies!! Especially when you're sitting right next to the band!! FRICKEN LOUD!!!!

Chloe said...

Um, Kayla? it's just a green bug. If you cried every time a bug died. You'd be crying multiple times at once and you would ALWAYS be crying.

Your ADORABLE cousin Chloe

Kayla said...

Chloe! You're mean. It was just sad because we saw how sad our teacher was. He was so attached to that bug. CHLOE'S A BUG HATER.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I know Zaney and I never even met her! What a cool experience to see a bug and a human bond. I'm glad you had that opportunity Kayla.
Love you! Mom

Chloe said...

Wow, that sounds like a great teacher!