Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Silent concert

So I've had an exciting week. I know it's the middle of the week - but in the last week, its been exciting. So lets see. Sunday I got my hair cut. Shelly took me to her place. My bangs were driving everyone (including me) crazy. Then we get there, and Shelly goes "Just cut all of it" So I got a full makeover. She "texturized" my bangs, so they lay better. I have layers that start the same length as my bangs, then they gradually get longer. It isn't as heavy, so if I'm lazy, I can just let it go curly and it looks good. It also looks good straightened.
Yesterday we had our first  choir  concert of the year.  It was good, until the end. My friend who was standing right behind me passed out because of the heat. And there isn't anything behind the top riser, so she fell on the floor, and when she fell, she hit her head and blacked out. She was laying there out cold for like 2 minutes. I was so shocked. See, I was supposed to stand right next to her, but then I switched with a girl who was taller than me. So I moved the to second row. I would have fallen too. Our concert never had an ending. All the altos ran to her, because we were all closest. Then the sopranos and men on the other side were just staring. We kinda stopped singing. She finally opened her eyes and could answer questions. But man was it HOT up there. All the lights, and all those people crammed into that little auditorium, whoo it was hot. All of us were fanning ourselves and stuff. Even our choir teacher was red! Oh, but about my title. I lost my voice, seriously. So I couldn't sing. If I did, I have to say we would sound TERRIBLE.  I didn't have much 'say' in the concert, if you will. Hah. 
Well tomorrow we have  field trip. There's a special Titanic exibit (how do you spell that?!?) at the Milwaukee Museum. Since we are studying the titanic, our teacher is taking us there. Hm. It should be good.   ?

3 comments:

Ali said...

Whoa Kayla! Your friend passed out!?! Scary. Is she ok? And yeah, I HATE when it gets freaking hot under all the lights and everything. That's happened to me before. The hot thing, not passing out. =P

oh and you spell exibit like this, exhibit :D

Anonymous said...

oh haha. i totally knew that, i just forget weird things. i remember once, i blanked out on how to spell my name O_o

John W. Evans said...

I have all these memories of kids in choir passing out from heat during practice and performances. You'd think they'd, oh, I don't know, condition the air or something?!?!