Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Weekend

On Monday, Shelly's husband, Travis, came home for a few days. He is in the Navy and currently is out on a ship, but he was in port, and they gave him a leave. He had Monday through Thursday. So, Thursday night, he wanted to grill out and have us and the neighbors behind them over. Of course, we went.

It didn't really get fun until the adults got crazy(: Men went outside and played ladderball and the ladies stayed inside and 'talked'. Me Zach and Christian, the other neighbors kid, played xbox and they did "fireworks" which were more like "smokeworks". It was just a storm of smoke everywhere. I was terrified of doing them, but I was forced to go outside anyways. :P Then when it got dark, we did sparklers and all hung out outside, including the moms. Oh, and the adults started making jokes about how Zach is 5' 12" tall. Haha, I brought it up and they carried it away. One day, I asked him how tall he is and he told me 5' 12" and later I told my mom, and she was like "Really? That's 1 less than 5' 13" right?" Then I got it. But that was pretty much my Thursday night. We ended up staying until 11.

Then Friday we left for Port Washington. It was a dud. We were supposed to stay until Sunday, but we ended up leaving Saturday. There was nothing to do. Except we walked out to the lighthouse(: That's my new picture if you notice. So we are at home, doing nothing. I'm about to go crazy right now. Across the street they are shooting off fireworks that just sound like a HUGE boom. And so my dad keeps going outside and screaming, and I can't take it! I'm sick of the hollering, the screaming, the loud voices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey kayla, when are you coming down to Carmel? Anytime soon perhaps?