Friday, July 11, 2008

Painted purple and green

I'm painting my room finally :)  It has been pink since before Hannah was born. So about 5 years. For me, that is too much pink. I've decided to go 2 walls purple and 2 walls green. And both colors are names of fruit. Haha. They are grapeolicious and key lime. Too bad it isn't paint you can taste. That would be pretty cool.
I'm really excited. Except its all happening really fast! I didn't pick my colors until yesterday, we ran out late last night and got the paints. Then today I'm taping everything with that famous blue tape. And by the end of tomorrow, I should be done painting.  Its all crazy! And it had to go this way, by mid-July, I'm getting my new bed too. So painting had to be done before that came. All this week I've been cleaning out my room, majorly! I made a huge dent in the amount of stuff in my room. I went from 5 drawers of stuff to 1. I had a huge black garbage bag full of garbage and junk that I'm getting rid of.  It's obvious that I really want this to happen, right? I finished my room in  matter of 2 days. I went through my whole closet, the 5 drawers under my bed, and my dresser. My room was a mess. I just threw everything out of my closet and started over(:  It was easier with my ipod though. Now I'm done, and I can't wait.

Oh and when we were waiting for the paint, we found this BIG apple made of wood. We're going to take my leftover green paint and paint it :) Then find a place to put it.

2 comments:

Kelly Luce said...

that is so cool about the apple! i hope you post a pic of it on here after you're done. maybe a pic of the apple on your new bed in your newly painted room!

kelly

Anonymous said...

When I read your blog tonight and saw this line "with that famous blue tape," I thought that was such a "Katie thing to say."
:)


Cathy G.