Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Train station memories

Yesterday, we went to the train station in Chicago to pick up Zach. He took the train to Quincy for a week, and we went with Shelly to get him, so she wouldn't be alone the long car ride. But while we were there, all I could see and think of was Katie running down the stairs with her arms wide open and me running into her arms. I remember getting off the train and having a HUGE grin on my face. It was one time that Grandma, my mom and I took the train to Chicago to spend the day there with her. When we were going down the stairs yesterday,  I could see it all, like it was yesterday. We got the same popcorn that we got with Aunt Katie. Its funny how some things are so clear and vivid, while some you don't remember at all. I remember, that was my first trip to the American Girl Store. I remember being 7, almost 8, and Katie teasing me because the box the dolls come in say "8+". 

It's amazing how much I can write about her, memories, thoughts, missing her... I could write all night. 

Well, we ended up breaking up the trip yesterday, so it wasn't 2 1/2 hours there, then 2 1/2 hours back, all together. We went to 2 malls, ate lunch at Sweet Tomatoes, and dinner at Saluto's. Haha. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so fortunate to be able to write such lovely memories. Every time you mention Katie's name, it keeps her "alive" in our memories!
Love,
Linda