Thursday, October 30, 2008

No fall?

Guess what guys? Wisconsin has officially skipped fall, and has gone straight from summer to winter. I went from wearing a t-shirt to school one day, then the next day, I'm wearing my winter coat. It's SNOWING!!! What's up with that??? It's not supposed to snow in October. It was snowing Monday and Tuesday when we got out of school, and yesterday it was freezing. Today, it's sunny out, but cold.

I think I've broken my pinky again. Hah, that's funny. I broke it on Halloween Day last year, and tomorrow is Halloween, and I think I broke it again. :O I don't think it ever officially healed well, but it's gotten me through a year. I think I'm gonna wear my splint for a few days, possibly. I just remember how annoying that was. And I wore it from October to January. We never had an x-ray done after that... so I don't know. But occasionally it hurts in the spot I broke it, but recently it's been bad. Like right now I can't type with it, or ply the piano with it. 

See, I broke it funny. Let me refresh your memory. I hit my finger on the corner of the science lab. And I hit it so hard, it broke off a chunk of my knuckle bone (which they said will never heal back, lol) and I tore the ligaments and bone that goes from the knuckle in my hand to the second knuckle of my pinky finger. And that's where it hurts now. So I hardly had gym last year :D

Um, otherwise, not much going around here. I'm home alone today. Tomorrow, I have no idea what we are doing, except watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown". Haha, when we were handing out candy on Sunday, which was stupid, there was an old fashioned costume. A kid cut 2 holes in a white sheet and threw it over himself. I say "Charlie Brown is coming!!" but luckily he didn't hear me :)  
Kay, one more thing before I go. So white caps went trick - or - treating on Sunday, when everybody knows we have actual Halloween day off. The whole school district has these 2 days off, and I think we should have gone tomorrow. I mean, we went trick or treating a whole WEEK before Halloween. It's not right. Erg. But supposedly there is a place to vote online to change the rules for next year. 

Now it's Later:


GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I am soooo proud of myself. So since I was home alone today, Shelly invited me to go to Subway with her and the kids.  So when I got home, I got to work. I vacuumed, dusted and picked up the downstairs. I vacuumed, dusted, cleaned part of the bathroom made my moms bed, made my bed, made Hannah's bed, picked up my room, made my moms dresser visible again (it was a mess), and... The most amazing- I cleaned Hannah's entire room. It was a MESSSS! It looked like a tornado came through and ripped up her dresser, her drawers, her floor, her bed, her closet. I straightened up her dresser, I took all the clothes out of all her drawers and refolded them and put them back in, I eventually got to her bed, by going through the mountain of toys and clothes on top of it and hanging those up, I picked up her floor. You can see Hannah's room again! :O That's a surprise for even Shelly, she doesn't know I did that yet.... and she knows how messy her room was. Everyone did, haha. My mom has been talking about cleaning it up for weeks now, and I had nothing to do... So I did it :D I can't wait until my mom gets home now. I'm not even gonna tell her, I'm gonna let her see everything as she goes past it.  So I cleaned my whole house, all by myself, on my day off. Yayayay!  I think part of the reason I did it was because I knew that if I didn't, we would be cleaning all day tomorrow, with my mom and Hannah (which isn't fun). My mom gets all stressed and crabby. Also, I wanted to make it up to her. Tuesday night, we got in a big fight, so I feel better now. And also, tonight my mom can chill and hang out with Shelly instead of stressing about the house. 

7 comments:

Ali said...

That sucks! Fall is the best. Sorry about your pinky. Holy crap that sounds so very painful! But at least you hardly had gym! Ha ha. That is way stupid to go trick-or-treating a WHOLE WEEK before Halloween!!!! STUPID!!!! I'm not even going trick-or-treating but that's still stupid!!

Anonymous said...

Haha, yeah, I didn't go trick or treating, I handed out candy... but my little sister did.

John W. Evans said...

Way to go, Kayla! AWESOME detail at the end...

Have a great Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Kayla, I am *proud* of you.

Anonymous said...

you better be :p justkidding(:

Anonymous said...

you better be :p justkidding(:

Linda said...

Hi Kayla,
I am so impressed with your maturity. No, not the Halloween stuff :) All the help you gave your Mom was amazing. Proud of you!
Hugs, Linda