Monday, September 8, 2008

...

So today, I realized something. I REALLY flipping love my teachers. I have the best feeling that this year is going to be amazing. 
But I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to/am going to drop out of French. The teacher is the biggest meanie ever. Today, I had ALOT of stuff to makeup and everything, and I had to do it during advisory, because we can't take the books home, and everything was from the books, and in class we were busy. So I asked Mr. Moran if I could stay in his advisory to work on everything and he said that would be good to do, but he told me just to tell the french teacher I would miss JUST today. So my friend and I went down there, because she was going to help me in the house, and I told the teacher this. "Mrs. Towers, Mr. Moran said I should stay up in his room and work on all the stuff that I'm missing from Thursday and Friday, but I'm coming back to class tomorrow." And she started YELLING at me. Like seriously. People in the hall could hear her. She's like "This is a highschool class. You signed up for it. You commited to it. Blah Blah Blah." and she kept yelling for like 3 minutes straight until I looked at her like "Uh, EXCUSE ME?!?!" Then she said "You go back to your class and get your stuff and get back down here." I was like "Well, uh, I have alot of stuff I have to make up, and I can't bring the books home or anything." And she's like "Do it during lunch then!" So then we left, and my friend is like "She had no reason to yell at you like that!" And I'm like "I know!" Then I never went back. :) I stayed in Mr. Moran's. Now my mom says I can drop out, because that's bogus, and I don't get yelled at for no reason, especially by someone I don't know. So yepp, that was my advisory. I loved it. 
Mr. Moran was so funny too. In advisory he started singing "Kayla. Ka Ka Ka Ka KAYLA!" Like that song that goes "Lola...." er whatever. Haha, he always starts singing old songs. But he's REALLY extremely nice. Like today, he gave me the quiz that I missed, and after I tried doing it, I was like "I don't get this." And he's like "Oh you weren't here for the movie were you? I'll just give you a pass on this. Don't worry." And all my other teachers were extremely nice about it. Today in english, we had a test on like nouns and verbs and everything. I told her I was gone, and she said I could either take it today, or tomorrow. I decided I'd take it today. And she told me that if I did bad, she would let me re-take it. And in Math, she pulled me aside right away and gave me everything I missed, got me my book and everything. In science I didn't really miss anything, so there wasn't anything, but Mr. Plowe did ask if I was feeling better, and he was glad I was back. :) They are all so caring.

I've also realized, I'm so much nicer this year.  Strange right? Haha. JUST KIDDING. It's not strange at all to me. Like today, we got to work in partners, and my friend and I were working by this girl who really doesn't talk much, and doesn't have too many friends. And after a few words, I asked her to join us. I felt so good. I know it's nothing big to others, but I admit it, that's something I would have never done last year. And I'm ashamed of that. I'm trying so hard to change my ways. And to change what people think of me. Like my teachers from last year, know that I'm nothing like those other girls... Now atleast they know ;) 

Ah, that's about it. Today in choir we listened to the recording we made last year, that we won with :) And we got our seating chart. I sit by 2 of my friends :D I love Mrs. Smith, but not so much choir. :p

3 comments:

Ali said...

Cool!! UGH about the French teacher! Sorry about that. My French teacher is nice. Not to the idiot boys though in my class. Because they are literally ALWAYS TALKING and being SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying so she gets mad at them sometimes! haha suckers! i hate boys. they suck. great post Kayla!

Kayla said...

Haha, I love boys :) Lol. Only some.

John W. Evans said...

Sounds like your teacher is a pain--THAT SAID, French is an important language--something like 60% of English words come from French, and it has this cool language-y structure that teaches you all sorts of cool things about English! So, consider that my plug for staying. Also, in college, you'll get to study abroad in Paris :)