Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day, outta the way

My first day is over, officially, i'm an 8th grader :) It finally feels like it. We got out lanyards and ids, and let me say, they are hidious! They are BRIGHT yellow, that goes with like nothing! Haha, oh well.

I made quite a few new friends today :)  And my one friend in my class, her name is Kathryn, and goes by Katie. I feel alot better being out of that group too. I have alot more confidence and blah blah blah. They are really strict this year, seriously. ALOT. Like our shirts MUST be covering our collar bones, or we are in trouble. Today my friend Katie (not the Kathryn Katie, a different Katie) got in trouble, and her shirt was made as a rounded collar shirt, it was just stretched out a little. CRAZY! And if you get sent to the OC just one time, you get a referral. 

But all my classes are good. All my teachers let us chew gum, as long as we aren't like obnoxious with it, snapping it our chewing with our mouths wide open. My social studies teacher, Mr. Moran was apparently in the Vietnam War, and like everything he talks about brings up a story of his from the war, so then of course he has to talk about it. And he talks all in monotone, so its REALLY boring. Gosh, I think he told us atleast 3 or 4 stories just today! Ah. In english, we did a little "get to know you" game. And one girl said she went mountain hiking over the summer and the first thing she says is "And I saw a bear!" and the teacher and her kept going on about how scary it sounds, and how scary it was and whatever. I just sunk down, and looked around. My math teacher just graduated in May, and shes a girly girl who thinks shes all that. My science teacher is my favorite. Mr. Plowe. He's really cool. He was reading us the rules (for the 2nd out of the 4 times we heard them today) and he read off "No gum chewing" then started chewing his gum with his mouth wide open on purpose, teasing us. Then he said "Nah just kidding, I'm not big on that one" :) Haha. He kept making jokes the whole class, getting us in the mood for school. He's a Brewers fan too!! :D Him and my english teacher are. My french 101 class, is going to suck. I have all 3 girls that I"m not friends with anymore in it, and I sit by one. But whatever, she'll get over it (: They all kept looking at me, then I told my friend and I'm like "They look at me 'cuz I'm pretty :)" Ah,  I had a pretty great first day overall.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Congrats Kayla! That's awesome that you had a good first day! My first day was last Monday.